I don’t know about you, but too many times have I decided to bake something and after mixing some of the ingredients, I find that I am missing one ingredient, or have the wrong thing on hand.
The other day though my mishap turned into an awesome new cookie invention! It had the look of a snickerdoodle, but the taste of butterscotch, or donuts as my husband said! These cookie are so simple to make, with very few ingredients, and you could always sub the butterscotch for something else.
Butterscotch Snickerdoodle Cookies
3/4 c Margarine, softened
3/4 c Brown Sugar
Small pkg Butterscotch Pudding Mix (do not make this, leave it as a dry mix)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cream of Tarter
2 c Flour
Cookie Sugar Coating
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 c Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and pudding mix together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll cookies into 1″ balls. Next roll into cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat outer surface of ball entirely. Place on a greased cookie sheet and repeat for remaining dough.
- Bake until golden brown on the bottom.
Hope you enjoy these as much as my family did, but hopefully they will last longer than 24 hours like they did at my house! 😉
If you try these leave a comment letting me know what you think. Or if you’re like me and like to experiment, and you try these with another pudding mix, let me know how they turned out!